- Total amount of scholarship will be $2,000.00 payable over a two?year period. $1,000.00 paid in August of each year with proof of enrollment from an accredited college or university. A onetime award of $500.00 will be awarded to the first runner?up.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
- A parent, legal guardian or grandparent, must be a member in good standing with the Fraternal Order of Police of Michigan or have been a member in good standing at time of their death.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of economic need, scholastic performance, leadership qualities and goals in life.
- Transcripts of grades or report card with GPA from junior year or first semester of the senior year must accompany this application.
- A committee composed of members of the Fraternal Order of Police Michigan will review the applications and select scholarship winners.
- Each applicant applying for a scholarship will receive a letter informing them of the final outcome of the selection process from the scholarship committee chairman.
- The recipient must maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average and forward to the Fraternal Order of Police Michigan; transcripts of grades and enrollment status for each academic year of the scholarship, on or before August 1st.
- If a student cannot fulfill the scholarship requirements, the scholarship will be terminated upon recommendation of the Fraternal Order of Police Michigan and State Scholarship Committee.
- Students are to use this official scholarship application form when applying for a scholarship. NO OTHER APPLICATION FORMS OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR CONSIDERATION.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY MAY 1st. SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE AWARDED AT OUR SUMMER CONFERENCE OR BOARD MEETING.
Page Last Updated: Nov 15, 2019 (14:38:02)